Wednesday, October 12, 2016

 photo post-mark.png

Creek View, oil painting

Creek View
Oil 
8x10"

I've been playing with some oils in my studio lately and love the way the paint stays wet and is great for skies. What I don't love is the mess! I tend to get it everywhere and need to make sure I am not wearing my good clothes whenever I paint.

The above painting was a combination of a few photos and other inspiring works of art. I was trying to achieve the lush green of an early summer meadow and the look of the sun rising after a very early morning shower. 

The painting is done on a wrapped canvas and is available in my Etsy shop by clicking here.



2 comments:

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

love oils, hate the mess and clean up, so I don't use them much now

really nice job on the sky and water reflection :)

Leslie Redhead said...

Jennifer, I couldn't agree more! I don't know how I can become covered in oil and not watercolor when I paint. It just wants to get everywhere.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme