Wednesday, August 31, 2016

 photo post-mark.png

Lavender Blues

Lavender Blues
Watercolor and Paper Collage

I've been sorting through some old studies lately and have discovered lots of paper with just splashes of color as well as many unfinished paintings. I am always telling my students that they can use their unfinished or unloved paintings for collages so I thought I would practice what I preach. 
Lavender Blues is an old painting I started in a class many years ago. I only finished the jug and some of the fabric of the quilt around the jug in watercolor. Everything else was unfinished, forgotten, and then left in a discarded pile under my bed. To finish it off, I cut up some of my old monoprints and watercolor paintings, found some really cool tissue paper and went to work. I enjoyed the process and trying something new but would love to hear what you think and if you have ever done a collage with old paintings.  


Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

nice shiny jug :)

I actually just got rid of all of the unfinished stuff from college, thought I might use it but nope. so to make room for a big drafting table it has to go (and now of course I will think of things to do with it lol)

Rob Conklin said...

Very nice but I want to anchor the vase.
I have lots of junk painting so I will try this.
Thanks and belated Happy Birthday

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Thanks Jennifer and Rob! I agree with you Rob, but it is hard to create shadows when using cut paper.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme