Thursday, May 2, 2013

 photo post-mark.png

La Mesquita Door

La Mesquita Door
Cordoba, Spain
watercolor on aquaboard

Last weekend I taught a course on how to paint on clayboard, also called Ampersand Aquabord.
The theme was old doors. 
One of the paintings I demonstrated was La Mesquita Door.

I showed this painting to another class that I am teaching on Old Doors in Watercolor.
They liked it so well, they have asked me to demonstrate it to them.
To begin with, I drew the basics of the photo onto watercolor paper.
This is what it looks like before I will begin painting:


Studio at the Farm said...

It's fabulous, Leslie!!! The stone texture, the details of the carvings, the colors of the tarnished metal door - so very beautiful!!!

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Thank you Kathryn. The pebbly texture of the clayboard was perfect for the stones.

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

WOW!! You do get lovely textures with that clayboard. Very nice.

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Thanks Wendy. I am loving the clayboard! Have you tried it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme