Wednesday, November 7, 2012

 photo post-mark.png

Sunrises

Sunrise I
7x10"

I am currently teaching a course on skies.
This past week we did a painting of sunrises/sunsets.
We painted from a photograph that I took of a sunrise on Vancouver Island.
The Island always has incredible sunrises.

Since my students like to see an example of what we paint beforehand, I did a small sample for them.
The above painting is the one that I did in my studio while preparing for class.

Here is the painting that I did as the demonstration to my class:

Sunrise II
7x10"

I know which one I like better but I am curious to know which one you like better.





4 comments:

FishTaxi said...

I like the second one better.

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Thank you! I like the second one better also. Much more spontaneous and I didn't have a chance to overthink it:)

Wendy Mould said...

Both are beautiful skies but the second one does have something more too it. When you are near the water there are some amazing sunsets. Nice work.

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Thank you Wendy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme