Friday, November 23, 2012

 photo post-mark.png


Varnished Watercolor

Today is World Watercolor Day. In honor of one of my favorite days of the year, I decided to post my latest watercolor.
I also spent the day painting Christmas cards.
How did you spend the day celebrating this awesome medium?


Irina Sztukowski said...

What a dramatic sky with absolutely stunning and not less dramatic reflection, Leslie! Very powerful seascape.
Thank you,

Elizabeth Seaver said...

I spent it watching someone else paint in it, which is for the best! Acrylic/collage is my favorite medium.

Your painting is spectacular, both in the use of the medium and in its composition. Truly lovely!

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Thank you Irina! I really appreciate your comment.

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Elizabeth, thank you! I envy that you can do acrylic and you seem to have so much fun with it!

Wendy Mould said...

Awesome picture. I really love the reflections on the sand and the sky. I see it is varnished as well, great idea. Have a great day.

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Thanks Wendy! I really like the varnished look and hope to do more.

Gillian Olson said...

What a beautiful painting Leslie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme