Saturday, March 3, 2012

 photo post-mark.png

East End Girl

East End Girl
12x19"

I was going through some of my old files the other day and came across this portrait that I did many years ago.
It is of a street person here in Vancouver long before I had any idea we would end up moving here. My brother-in-law offered to show me and my camera around the city. This lovely woman ended up walking with us down the street and talking our ears off. I then explained to her that I am a watercolor artist and asked if I could take her photo. She was thrilled.
East End Girl is the finished piece.

6 comments:

Laura Leeder said...

A great story to a wonderful painting!

Sadami said...

Hi,Leslie,
Really a lovely work and a nice story! Thank you for sharing them all.
Cheers,Sadami

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Thank you Laura and Sadami! It was an amazing experience to paint her.

Gillian Olson said...

Leslie, beautiful portrait.

jyothisethu said...

nice work...
i love the expression on her face...

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Thank you everyone! I haven't done portraits in a while but might have to do another one soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme