Wednesday, November 2, 2011

 photo post-mark.png

Summer Sunrise

Summer Sunrise

This past summer a kind friend loaned me the use of her home and studio while I was attending UVic.
The home was located near Oak Bay Marina in Victoria overlooking the ocean and with a view of Mt. Baker. The sunrises there were so fantastic that I got up between 5:30-6 every morning just to take a photo of them. I probably have about 30 unique sunrises.
Summer Sunrise was another demo for my landscape class. It is the first of many of my sunrises.


Gillian Olson said...

Leslie, what a beautiful sunrise. I love the way the colours shimmer.

M.R. Anand said...

the sunrise colours have blended so beautifully on the painting! the calmness in the painting is so soothing!

Wendy Mould said...

Nice work Leslie, I know how beautiful the sunrise can be on the open water. There is just nothing to interfere with the view. I look forward to seeing a few more of them.

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Thank you everyone!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme