Thursday, November 10, 2011

 photo post-mark.png

Demo for North Shore Artists' Guild

 Spanish Courtyard
Poured watercolor
14x20"
Original available through my Etsy shop by clicking here.
Prints are available at Fine Art America by clicking here.

Last night I did a demonstration for the North Shore Artists' Guild in West Vancouver. It was the largest group I have ever demonstrated for. I even had to wear a microphone headset thing and I was on the big screen. Or rather, my painting was.
They seemed to be a great group of interested artists with a lot of support. Glad to see that.
It was requested that I show how to do a pour. Always fun.
Since each layer takes so long to do and dry and I only had an hour to do it in, I had 3 paintings prepared. The above painting I prepared for the last pour then I had the big reveal. Unfortuantely I didn't have time to finish it off with some minor adjustments last night so I did so this morning. I punch up a bit of color and clean up some lines.

I will be doing a pouring workshop through the NSAG on January 28-29, 2012.
For more information, please contact the NSAG at https://artistquarter.com/nsag/courses/index

8 comments:

Nancy Goldman said...

This is beautiful Leslie. Your lighting is so incredible. I'm dying to do another poured painting. I'm truly hooked!

meera said...

Love the colors and the light! Wish I was there to watch you do it!

Studio at the Farm said...

You are a master of pouring, Leslie. Beautiful painting!

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Nancy, it is so addicting! I am glad that you are having fun with it. Thank you Meera and Kathryn. I wish you were there also. It would have been nice to know somebody!

Gillian Olson said...

What a beautiful work, the light in it is amazing. Would like to have seen you do this.

Wendy Mould said...

Great picture, the pouring really brings so many interesting colours.
I hope the interview went well, I wasn't able to take part in it.

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Thank you Gillian and Wendy. Gillian, it would be so nice to meet you in person. Perhaps we can spend a day painting in the park. Wendy, the interview went well. I hope to be teaching online classes soon.

M.R. Anand said...

despite the limited colours you have used the detailing is superb! it must be fun to watch you do pour paintings!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme