Tuesday, October 18, 2011

 photo post-mark.png

Artswest Demo


Last night was my demonstration for the Artswest group out in Surrey, BC. I decided to try something new for one of my demos. That was painting a flamenco dancer wet-in-wet. Plus the photo was not the best to work from. I am usually asked to demo a portrait or pouring. But I wanted to challenge myself even more. And what a better time to do that than in front of a large group of accomplished artists. Ha!
All in all, I felt like it went well.
Thank you to Artswest for the opportunity to demonstrate!


Studio at the Farm said...

Good job, Leslie! I am sorry I missed you yesterday. I was planning on attending, but I had two very [justifiably] upset sisters to deal with last night. I wanted to meet you "in the flesh"!

Prabal said...

I think the feel of this is just right. And to do something like this infront of a big audience is is very courageous. Congratulations.

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Kathryn, I am sorry that we weren't able to meet yet. I hope your sisters are better. Thank you Prabal. I am glad you like it!

Gillian Olson said...

The colours are wonderful, good work. It captures the feel of the dance very well I think.

Sweetwater Designs said...

Lovely Leslie as always..wet in wet is great for mood isn't it.
You've captured movement and the mans appreciation well..


Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Thank you Gillian and Deborah!

Wendy Mould said...

Hi Leslie, I was sorry to miss the demo as well. I do like the way the wet into wet gives you the soft edges that reenforce that sense of movement. Nice work and also a gutzy move to experiment in front of a group!!

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Wendy, I am sorry that I missed you. Would have loved to see your demo! Hope it went well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme