Monday, July 11, 2011

 photo post-mark.png

Work, work, work

Harry
Commissioned Portrait
14x20"

The above piece is a commission I finished just before I started school. It was done for Harry's 80th birthday.

I originally thought I would have a separate blog for what I accomplish in school over the next 6 weeks but it has become too much to think about. My head is already hurting from all the reading and thinking I have to do! I am usually too busy making art (and helping kids) to analyze why I am making art. Not to mention the writing!
I did start a painting last Friday. It is the weight of the world on my shoulders. Hopefully it will start to manifest itself more as I paint.



However, over the weekend I did not get to work on it. Instead I worked on another commission and did writing homework. I am currently staying with my mother in law so she was able to document the work.

Me painting away

Homework!


6 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Leslie, it looks like you are doing an awesome job on the portrait.

Carrie'sCreations said...

Good luck, you have a lot on your plate. Your paintings look great!

IrinaSztukowski said...

The progress is great. Six weeks of success Leslie!
Wonderful portraits are coming out! I can see that :)
Thanks,
Irina

Studio at the Farm said...

Wow ... you ARE busy, Leslie. I am glad you had time to post "Harry". He looks so un-work, work, work.

Katherine Thomas said...

You're doing so many wonderful things lately! The man's portrait is priceless, in my opinion. I know they will love it! And the shoulders portrait is beautiful.

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Thank you everyone for the encouraging words! University is such a different world from the practical! I am still trying to wrap my brain around all the reading. It has been nearly 20 years. sigh.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme