Monday, May 23, 2011

 photo post-mark.png

Golden Gem

Golden Gem
Prints available through Fine Art America by clicking here.

My WIP of the yellow iris is finally finished. Yeah! I was told that this iris is a type of gem iris so the name is Golden Gem.
I had some wonderful comments from so many talented artists- artists whose work I am awe of. I really enjoy looking at their work and getting some feedback on my own. Especially since I am feeling a bit more isolated now that I have moved. I can't call up my arteest friends to come over and critique my work. (Miss you guys!!) It is great to be a part of an international community through technology though.
Now I can frame it and get it ready for the Iris Convention which starts next Monday.
I hope to get a couple of more small paintings done before then.


Wendy Wright said...

I LOVE the name and OMG the finished piece is so super stunning! I love the composition and how you handled everything! :) Thanks for sharing with all of us. :)

Karen said...

Love it!

Studio at the Farm said...

Leslie, it is divine!

Dipti said...

Wow... this is fabulous!!!

Jane said...

Absolutely perfect!

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Wendy, you are such a kind friend. Thank you for commenting. Karen and Kathy you always make me smile. I am glad you like it Dipti:) Jane, thank you for your time and your comment.

Crystal Cook said...

Absolutely stunning Leslie! Beautiful work!

Virginia Floyd said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

Jay said...

I usually don't comment a lot on blogs but this time I had to.
...I don't know what to say.
This painting is just amazing.
It has so much power.
It's beautiful. (:

Love, Jay.

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Crystal, that means so much coming from you. Thank you. It is so nice to meet you Virginia and Jay. I appreciate your comments and I look forward to being inspired by your work:)

Nancy Goldman said...

I'm glad the whites stayed white Leslie. It's simply beautiful.

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

I do agree with you Nancy. All that yellow would have been overwhelming.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme