Monday, December 20, 2010

 photo post-mark.png

Spanish Holiday

Spanish Holiday
Poured Watercolor
14x20"
sold

Last month I was scheduled to do a demonstration for the Nanaimo Chapter of the Federation of Canadian Artists. This demonstration was to be on how I do my poured watercolors. I spent a few weeks preparing the process of which includes 5 pours in all. Since most of the pouring process involves waiting for things to dry, I decided to speed it up by doing 5 different versions of the same painting. Each painting, however, has something a little bit unique about them.
Unfortunately, on the day of the demo we had a snow storm. I decided it would not work for me to drive the 1.5 hours over the mountain pass to Nanaimo for the demo. So, now that classes have ended I decided to finish a couple of them. The first one sold to a friend as soon as it was done and now I need to finish the rest.

Here is another (smaller) version without the couple:

Another Spanish Holiday
Poured watercolor
11x14"
To purchase, please contact me.

7 comments:

bricarwaller said...

Leslie, these are beautiful paintings. Congratulations on your sale! Hopefully you can make up your demo. Happy Holidays!

Karen said...

Beautiful work Leslie...

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Thank you Carrie and Karen! I had to take some time off from purging and packing to paint and I am glad I did!

kimmo framelius said...

WE LIVE
IN
DETAILS

D.D said...

The details you capture in your painting always mesmerize me.

Wish you & your family a very Happy Christmas.

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Yes we do Kimmo. Thank you for your wishes, D.D. May you have a wonderful Christmas as well.

SKIZO said...

Excellent
work
thank you for sharing

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme