Thursday, November 11, 2010

 photo post-mark.png

Remembrance Day

Red Poppies

In honor of Remembrance Day, I am posting my recent painting of red poppies. This watercolor is another painting that I did by masking out three of the poppies then pouring, blowing and spraying paint in the background. After the paint dried, I painted the three poppies. Then I "found" more poppies, leaves and buds in the background through negative painting.


Karen said...


Gary Keimig said...

really wonderful work Leslie. Great job.

IrinaSztukowski said...

Great color symphony Leslie. Each of these poppies can become a very good print or greeting card. I played with my view-finder and notices that your composition allows to play and separate this painting into at least three great prints :)

Super Colors!
Thank you,

bricarwaller said...

Beautiful Leslie, the red is so vibrant.

Wendy Wright said...

Wow this is super beautiful! The colors are so striking! Love your style! :)

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Wow! Thanks for all the comments! They have made my day. Looks like I do need to make it into greeting cards and prints. Great suggestion.

WatercolorsbyKarsten said...

I love your is so beautiful. The composition is amazing!

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Thank you Karsten!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme