Friday, September 24, 2010

 photo post-mark.png

Sunrise with clouds

Sunrise over Strait of Juan de Fuca

My next painting for my sky class is a sunrise with clouds. I painted it from a photo I took while on a walk around Oak Bay Marina on Vancouver Island.

I started the painting by first wetting the paper then dropping Aureolin and Permanent Rose onto the wet paper.

After this initial wash of color, I let the paper dry. Then I wet it again and painted more of the Aureolin and Permanent Rose onto the paper.

This intensifies the color and it starts to create a nice glow. I left instructions with my class to complete these two steps as their homework. Next week I will be showing how to put in the darks.


Gary Keimig said...

really nice Leslie. Love the freshness you are getting in your watercolors.

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Thank you Gary! I really enjoy your work. Yellowstone is my favorite place to visit. My mother grew up near the Park so we visited about every year when I was younger.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme