Monday, September 27, 2010

 photo post-mark.png

Rocky Shore of Point No Point

Rocky Shore of Point No Point
watercolor, 11x14"
sold

This is the second painting that I demonstrated at Painter's Lodge. It is from the West Coast of the island and one of my favorite spots to paint - Point No Point. In fact, I have painted this scene before as a plein air painting.
Many of the participants were beginning watercolorists. The goal of my work was to keep it simple enough for the newbies to follow yet interesting enough for those familiar with the medium to try something new.

8 comments:

Rivkah Singh said...

Beautiful, excellent work!

AK said...

The textures as always are fabulous. Great composition.

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Thank you Rivkah and Asit! As you can tell, I enjoy creating textures in my paintings.

D.D said...

Beautiful!! In this painting what striking me most is the foreground. You have captured it very nicely.

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Thank you D.D.!

Nick said...

love those trees, they're just right Leslie!

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Thank you Nick. I had to learn how to do trees when I moved to Victoria.

Gary Keimig said...

nice Leslie. Love your textural work and the recently posted cows is just super.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme