Saturday, July 31, 2010

 photo post-mark.png

Andalucian Village

Andalucian Village
Poured Watercolor

This past week I taught a course on pouring luminous watercolors. It was a week long course with a great group of people. Most of them chose to work from the same photograph that I worked from. It is another painting of Spain. The white buildings in the little villages work so well for this technique. After teaching this technique many times, I have realized that the one thing people learn the most is to have a really good drawing to start with and then to be careful with the masking fluid.


D.D said...

Limited colours but so realistic it's amazing.

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Thank you D.D. I usually use only the 3 primary colors when I pour and it is interesting to see how they will mix.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme