This small painting I did for my Dynamic Waterscenes class. I will be demonstrating and teaching how to do rocks under water.
I think I overworked the trees. They were originally green but I felt like it was too green and it emphasized the rocks in the foreground instead of the water. I then decided to have the trees match the rocks more. To do so I used a sponge to lift the trees. Since it was a staining green, it didn't leave enough white to have a subtle ochre and sienna feel to it. I ended up going too heavy with the ochre apparently. It doesn't look so heavy in the original painting though. Maybe there was a slight shadow over that part of the painting when I photographed it,
For the demonstration, I now know to start with a subtle ochre instead of green.